Heart of Yoga Retreat & Training
September 9 to 22, 2020
Join Amy Bankoff, Josie Sykes, Stacy TenHouten, Bridgett Erickson and more friends at the beautiful and historic Pepper Tree Retreat in Ojai, California, the American home of J. Krishnamurti, a renowned world teacher and student of T.K.V. Desikachar.
Study in-depth with senior Heart of Yoga teachers in this unique and powerful location.
Spend a transformative week in the enchanted “Valley of the Moon” as we dive into the Heart of Yoga. This course is offered at the historic Pepper Tree Retreat where J. Krishnamurti lived and taught, and a tangible feeling of stillness pervades the property. Nowhere is quite like Ojai for expansive sunsets and the spacious restfulness of orange groves and mountain trails.
Use as a Retreat or Towards Certification
You have the choice to attend to develop your personal practice or as a restorative retreat, or to develop your teaching skills towards certification, which can be completed anywhere around the world — get in touch for more information.
DURING THE TRAINING, YOU WILL RECEIVE…
- Opportunity to deeply explore traditional hathayoga, as brought through by ‘the teacher of the teachers’, Tirumalai Krishnamacharya.
- Asana practice, including appropriate inversions, twists, forward bends, designed specifically for you and your students.
- Tools to craft your own personal practice tailored to fit your needs—age, health, culture, religion etc.
- The understanding and tools to teach free of power structures.
- Experiential understanding of asana, pranayama, meditation and life as a seamless process.
- Krishnamacharya’s Five Principles of Practice.
- Exploration of bandha in asana and pranayama.
- Use of mantra in practice.
- Immersion in yoga’s ‘sister art’ — traditional Indian raaga with Indian Classical musician Joanna Mack.
- Understanding of vinyasa krama, the art of appropriate sequencing.
- The essential principle of ‘Strength Receiving’ in Yoga and Life.
- The practice and process of nurturing, regeneration and abundance as a constant.
- A week with authentic teachers and teachings in an intimate and energetically powerful setting.
- Delicious organic, healing food and the good company of other sincere practitioners
Pricing & Accommodation options per person*
For this training, we are using the beautiful Pepper Tree Retreat’s Event Pavilion as the Yoga Shala, and we have these accommodation options available:
- $3199 Pepper Tree private queen bed
- $2699 Pepper Tree twin-share (per person)
- $2699 Pepper Tree private queen bed couple (per person)
- $2599 Lindley House twin-share (per person)***
*Prices are in US dollars per person and are all-inclusive of your accommodation, three meals a day, and full tuition.
**For students whom provide their own accommodation, the price is $2199 and includes tuition, lunch and dinner.
***Shared bathroom between one twin and one single room. Note that Lindley House is right next door to Pepper Tree Retreat and practically functions as part of the same property.
Scholarships available for those in financial need; please apply for more information.